Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham, UK
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery (BMAG) first opened in 1885. It is housed in a Grade II* listed city centre landmark building. There are over 40 galleries to explore that display art, applied art, social history, archaeology and ethnography:
- The art gallery is famous for its Pre-Raphaelite paintings, which are part of the largest public Pre-Raphaelite collection in the world.
- You can also see art and objects spanning seven centuries of European and World history and culture. This includes Greeks & Romans and Ancient Egypt.
- Recently Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery has also become home to the Staffordshire Hoard. There is a temporary Hoard gallery where objects can be seen on display. A permanent gallery will be developed.
- The Birmingham History collections will feature prominently in the new Birmingham History Galleries, due to open in late 2012.
- The collections have been Designated as outstanding by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport and have local, regional, national and international importance.
Many of the objects from BMAG's science collections can be seen atThinktank - Birmingham's Science Museum.
Find Hotels in Birmingham for your visit.
Monday - Thursday 10am - 5pm
Friday 10.30am - 5pm
Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 12.30pm - 5pm
Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery has an unrivalled collection of Pre-Raphaelite art. This includes some 2000 fine and decorative art works ranging...
Nobody has written any comments or reviews yet. Why not be the first to have your say?